Got two boys? A shared room for them is a pretty simple affair, really. OK, that’s based on the fact that my two boys are fairly ambivalent about what goes in their room, actually. Just don’t stick pink and girly and they’re OK.
So some basic principles. As with any shared bedroom idea, decide if you want things to be the same, different or coordinated. In this case, I’ve gone with the same – as in each boy is getting the same bedding and they’re in a bunk bed, making the furniture the same as well. However, I ended up with different for the seating – a denim bean bag chair and a tan upholstered chair – and coordinated for the pillows – each boy getting a green pillow, then some versions of orange and blue.
Why, yes. The orange is a totally random color addition, meant to bring in a few punches of color and keep things interesting. Too much blue and green might be calming, but it was starting to border on boring for me as well.
- Bright Colored Striped Bedding Set
- Mix and Match Slat Bunk Bed in SeaGrass
- Kids Denim Beanbag Chair
- Harmony Kids Modern Chair, Tan Micro
- Streamline Frog Talking Animal Alarm Clock
- Brontosaurus Dino Planter
- Honey-Can-Do Lime Green Wire Mesh Waste Bin
- All Good Things Wall Art
- Pillows – A+B+C Science Throw Pillow, Orange Velvet Pillow with Quilting, Pillow Perfect Decorative Green Textured Solid Square Toss Pillows, 2-Pack, Robot Throw Pillow, Space Ship Throw Pillow
- Stacy Garcia Vertical Harvest Stripe Glass Inset Table Lamp
- Left Bank Wall Art – Hot Air Balloon, Bicycle, Clipper Ship